Olson Florist was established in Salem, Oregon on the corner of Court and High Streets in 1926 by Frosty Olson. Mr. Olson sold it to Kelly Peters in 1952. Kelly ran the flower shop with his wife Betty and his son Kevin. Kevin and his wife Becky took over the business when Kelly and Betty thought about retirement; although Kelly stayed active and supportive of his son and the shop until a few months before his passing early in 2008.
Kevin and Becky Peters were very active in local community groups including the Chamber of Commerce, Salem Executives Association SEA and the flower industry. Kevin is a past president of the Oregon and S.W. Washington Teleflora Unit.
The new owners Maria and Manuel Palacio have been school administrators and active community members. They serve in boards and organizations that support children and families. Maria has a long love and history with flowers, and owning a flower shop has been a long time dream objective that became a reality in May of 2008. Maria and Manuel will continue Olson's tradition of service, quality and beautiful products.